The Gemalto M2M concept board is the perfect companion to get started with Java and the SensorLogic Application Enablement Services. For fast prototyping, the concept board can be connected to Arduino-style sensor boards and includes an EHS6 Java module for global 2G and 3G cellular connectivity.
The flagship Cinterion® EHS6 is the 5th generation of Gemalto M2M’s Java embedded M2M modules, which have simplified highly efficient, end-to-end industrial communication for the last decade.
Providing the capability for multiple designs from one solution, EHS6 is an ideal module for M2M applications migrating from 2G to 3G that require cost efficiency along with global connectivity. EHS6 offers five band HSPA to support high bandwidth connectivity, enabling speeds up to 7.2 Mbps in downlink and 5.7 Mbps in uplink and rounds out the existing portfolio comprised of the Industrial Platform.
• 3GPP Rel.7 Compliant Protocol Stack
• Five Bands UMTS (WCDMA/FDD): 800, 850, 900, 1900 and 2100 MHz
• Quad-Band GSM: 850, 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz
• SIM Application Toolkit, letter class "b", "c", "e"
• Control via standardized and extended AT commands (Hayes, TS 27.007 and 27.005)
• TCP/IP stack access via AT command and transparent TCP services
• Secure Connection for client IP services
• Internet services TCP/UDP server/client, DNS, Ping, FTP client, HTTP client
• Supply voltage range 3.3 - 4.5 V, highly optimized for minimal power consumption
• Operating Temperature: -40 °C to +90 °C
• Remote monitoring
• M2M application