The Cinterion LTE Cat 1, Cat 3, and Cat 6 mPCIe cards from Gemalto provide global coverage and reliability with optional 2G / 3G fallback when needed. These module series deliver instant access to LTE cellular networks for a range of industrial IoT applications and are very easy to integrate by simply plugging into an existing 52-pin express card slot.
These module range varies from highly efficient LTE Cat 1 with IoT optimized speeds of 10Mbit/s download and 5Mbit/s uplink for applications not dependent on speed, all the way to high performance LTE Cat 6 enabling sizzling data speeds of 300 Mbit/s download and 50 Mbit/s uplink for advanced solutions including industrial routers, kiosk systems and video surveillance applications.
Cinterion modem cards offer a range of varying features and capabilities including soldered MIMs or plug-in SIMs, integrated GPS, IP services, embedded Java, antenna diagnostics and more. Like all Cinterion products, their rugged design, unparalleled engineering and highest manufacturing standards make them reliable in the most extreme environments and over the long life of any IoT solution.
Available module variants
LTE Cat 1: mPLS62-W
- Twelve bands LTE, seven bands UMTS, quad band GSM
- 2G/3G fallback
- Powerful Java embedded system
LTE Cat 3: mPLS8-E
- Five bands LTE, three bands UMTS, two bands GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- 2G/3G fallback
- Integrated GPS, GNSS, GALILEO
- Optimized GPS antenna path
LTE Cat 6: mPLAS9-W
- Eleven band LTE Advanced, quad band LTE-Advanced TDD
- 2G / 3G fallback
- Innovative RF concept for extreme performance, sensitivity and stability
- Enables carrier aggregation for enhanced peak data rates