The B84142A*166 series from TDK is a series of 2-line EMC filters designed for rated currents of 10A, 16A, and 30A at a rated voltage of 250VAC (50/60Hz). These filters are very compact in size: the 10A and 16A types measure only 84.5x52x38mm, and the 30A version only 130x84x69mm. This permits mounting even when space is very limited.
Another feature of the B84142A*166 is its extremely low leakage current of less than 0.5mA and 1.8mA. This prevents unintentional tripping of ground fault circuit interrupters (also known as residual current devices). In addition to their compact size, these filters offer a very high insertion loss of up to more than 100dB.
The new filters meet the requirements for climate category 25/100/21, IEC 60068-1 and protection class IP00. The filters can be operated without derating at ambient temperatures of up to 50°C. Approvals to EN, UL and CSA are pending. Applications for the new EMC filters include converters and power electronics systems.
• Very high insertion loss of up to and exceeding 100 dB
• Easy to install
• Rated currents: 10A, 16A or 30A
• Rated voltage: 250VAC (50/60 Hz) / 250VDC
• Very compact design
• Degree of protection IP 201 (for 30A model)
• Extremely low leakage current of < 0.5 to 1.8mA
• Tab connectors
• Finger-safe terminal blocks
• UL and cUL approval
• ENEC approval pending
• Conveyor systems
• Traction systems
• HVAC systems (heating, ventilation and air conditioning)
• Power supplies
• DC applications