Sine-wave filters for long motor cables
Motors are often connected to converters over distances of more than 100 meters. The parasitic capacitances of such long cables result in reactive power. Motor noises and increased eddy current losses are also produced. TDK sine-wave filters significantly reduce these negative effects. Moreover, they can reduce filtering requirements at the input of the converters, so that less expensive types can be used there.
Sine-wave filters of the B84143V*R227, *229 and *230 series are designed for continuous currents of 4 to 320A at rated voltages of between 520 and 690V. The permissible clock frequency of the converters is between 2.4 and 16kHz, depending on the type.
Where it is also desirable to dispense with shielded motor cables, it is recommended to use the B84143V*R127 filter series with SineFormer® technology.
|EMC service - measurement - analysis - consultation - reporting|
The EPCOS EMC Laboratory in Regensburg offers comprehensive, in-depth EMC services: from pre compliance investigations on prototypes to conformity testing of series-production equipment. A test report provides proof of compliance with the relevant standards and is the basis for the customer's declaration of conformity.
• Reduction of motor noise and eddy current losses
• Generation of sinusoidal phase-to-phase voltage with low ripple dv/dt reduction
• Easy to install
• Compact design with natural cooling
• Continuous currents of 4 to 320A
• Rated voltages between 520 and 690V
• Up to 10 meters wiring between inverter and filter, operation under full load
• IP20 up to 95A
• IP21 housing B84143Q
• No shielded cables needed
• Up to 180A: tube clip for convenient shield bonding
• UL approved insulation system T-EIS-CF1
• Traction and conveyer systems
• HVAC systems (heating, ventilation and air conditioning)