The USB-AO-ARB1 from ACCES I/O is a USB high speed arbitrary waveform output board with flexible ranges and configurable digital I/O lines. This plug-and-play waveform generator is an ideal solution for adding portable, easy-to-install high-speed analog output capabilities to any computer with a USB 2.0 port.
Arbitrary waveform generation capability becomes increasingly necessary as CPUs are burdened with a greater abundance of complex tasks. The USB-AO-ARB1 relieves some of the load placed on the CPU by handling the waveform timing at the hardware level, using an on-board FIFO and control logic. This is especially useful in time-critical applications as outputs remain unaffected by latencies inherent in popular operating systems.
The USB-AO-ARB1 features 1 single-ended analog output on a standard female BNC connector, at up to 8MHz of continuous transfers through a 32kByte (16k Sample) on-board FIFO. A programmable frequency source allows configurable output rates from 1K through more than 8MHz. A jumper-selected analog output range of 0-2.5V, 0-5V, 0-10V, ±2.5V, ±5V, or ±10V ensures broad application compatibility.
The USB-AO-ARB1 is supported for use in most operating systems and includes a free Windows and Linux (including Mac OS X) compatible software package.
- High-speed USB 2.0 device, USB 3.0 compatible
- 16-bit analog output for precisely timed waveforms up to 8MHz
- 16K sample onboard FIFO buffer
- Jumper selectable 10KΩ pull-up/pull-down resistors on DIO lines
- All 8 DIO lines buffered with 32mA sink/32mA source current
- 2 4-bit I/O port are independently selectable for in- or outputs
- Digital I/O lines are accessed via a standard 16-pin IDC connector
- 3 unipolar and 3 bipolar output ranges
- BNC connectors for gate control and DAC output
- PC/104 module size and mounting compatibility (OEM version, board only)
- USB/104 form-factor in industrial enclosure
- Alternate embedded USB header connector
- -40° to +85°C operating temperature (optional)
- 3.3V voltage logic levels (optional)
- DIN rail mounting provision is available
- Steel powder-coated enclosure with anti-skid bottom
- Test and simulation equipment
- Medical imaging systems
- Waveform and audio synthesis
- Advanced substance scanning and detection
- Cyber security systems
- Process monitoring