RTC module enables Supercapacitors to replace batteries
The RX6110SA enables the reduction of hazardous substances by allowing electronic device makers to replace batteries with Supercapacitors. With a 0.33F supercapacitor, this RTC module can operate for 16 weeks. The RX6110SA also includes a diode-less power-supply switching circuit which allows it to operate and charge from power supplies ranging from 5V down to as low as 1.1V.
In addition to keeping time, real-time clocks are used to log power-loss events and save system state when power is lost. The RX6110SA offers a rich feature set to support these needs, including a 32.768 kHz output, alarms and timers and RAM. The RX6110SA supports both SPI-bus and I2C-bus interfaces.
• Built in frequency adjusted 32.768 kHz crystal unit
• Selectable SPI & I2C interfaces
• Operating voltage range : 1.6V to 5.5V
• Wide Timekeeper voltage range: 1.1V to 5.5V
• Current consumption @ 3V: 130nA (typ.)
• Built-in RAM: 128-bit (8-bit x 16)
• Operating temperature: -40° to +85°C
• Auto power switching functions
• Clock, full calendar, alarm, long-term timers, frequency output
• Dimensions: 10.1 x 7.4 x 3.2mm
• Power supply circuits, where extended battery life is needed
• Various kinds of small electronic devices